Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC)
INJAZ Lebanon's Company Program gives University and High School students the opportunity to enter the world of entrepreneurship! They get to organize themselves into management teams, select a business idea, raise capital, prepare a business plan, market and sell their product or service. Students will get the opportunity to be mentored by professional volunteers in order to grow their business idea further.
The program culminates in the annual Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC) to choose the winner of the Best Company Award. Winning team will then represent Lebanon by attending the regional Young Arab Entrepreneurs Competition organized by INJAZ Al-Arab and compete against the winners from 14 Arab countries, part of INJAZ network.
*Please note that submitting your application does NOT guarantee your participation. All applications will be studied first and participating teams will be selected based on their application answers, profile, and motivation.
- Duration: 4-5 months
- Frequency: You should attend weekly or bi-weekly sessions as a team with your assigned mentor, You can coordinate together to choose the time that best suits your availability.
- Location: Sessions will take place online on two platforms LMS & ZOOM. You will be given the details once accepted.
- Date of the National Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC) date will be defined later and shared with the teams.
- Work closely with an experienced mentor on turning your abstract idea into a successful reality.
- Compete during the annual INJAZ Lebanon Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC) over the Best Company Award.
- Represent Lebanon at the INJAZ Al-Arab’s regional Young Entrepreneurs Competition and compete against teams from 13 Arab countries.
- Applicants can be current high-school or university students aged between 16 and 25 years old.
- Applications should be submitted by team with a minimum of 2 members.
- Teams can have a business idea or not. Both are welcomed.
- Applicants should be able to commit to the program's workshops and sessions. Check sessions’ schedule below.
Brainstorm a problem or a challenge and find a corresponding idea/solution to resolve it.
Introduce company structure, departments, communication channels and identity. Finalize and decide on the product/service idea to pursue.
Assign team members to key roles and outline their job descriptions in the company. Shortlist the company name. Finalize Financial Planning and Sales Pitch.
Jan 25: Digital Marketing
Develop and design the company's chosen product/service. Develop, revise and finalize the company's marketing strategy.
Monitor, evaluate and plan ongoing production, marketing and sales of product/service. Assess and evaluate the company's performance. Critically reflect on, discuss and evaluate the INJAZ Company Program and the start-up process. Prepare for the INJAZ Young Entrepreneurs Competition!
The INJAZ student Company Program broadened my knowledge of the business world. It made me acknowledge and experiment the difficulties faced by starting a business. The beauty behind this program is the complete faith and trust being put into the youth to be able to create, innovate and make it completely on their own.
- Reeda Fneich, INJAZ Lebanon Student
The INJAZ Company Program has been a great experience in our lives. It has helped shape my vision in career decision making. I've become more liable in abrupt decision making and time management. I've tasted the importance of teamwork and having the leadership/entrepreneurs mindset in both work and social life. All in all, participating in the INJAZ program helped me build different qualities and ethics for life.
- Tatiana Maria Matta, INJAZ Lebanon Student
Creating a company is an extremely challenging thing. Believing in your idea is key to facing the obstacles and challenges in your journey.
- Chaza Ayoub, INJAZ Lebanon Student
The Company Program's journey enriched our knowledge and skills, it organized our ideas in a systematic way enabling us to distinguish between the high level view we had (as engineers) and the details encountered throughout the entrepreneur's life. Moreover, the Company Program enabled us to know the logistical steps that we should follow, it also introduced us to the company structure and the corresponding tasks/responsibilities distribution.
- Haytham Dbouk, INJAZ Lebanon Student