Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC)
INJAZ Lebanon's Company Program gives University students the opportunity to enter the world of entrepreneurship! They get to organize themselves into management teams, select a business idea, raise capital, prepare a business plan, market and sell their product or service. Students will get the opportunity to be mentored by professional volunteers in order to grow their business idea further.
The program culminates in the annual Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC) to choose the winner of the Best Company Award. Winning team will then represent Lebanon by attending the regional Young Arab Entrepreneurs Competition organized by INJAZ Al-Arab and compete against the winners from 14 Arab countries, part of INJAZ network.
*Please note that submitting your application does NOT guarantee your participation. All applications will be studied first and participating teams will be selected based on their application answers, profile, and motivation.
- March 19, 2020: Registration deadline.
- March 28, 2020: All applicants will participate in the Innovation Camp (ICAMP), a one-day entrepreneurship workshop.
- September 2020: National Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC 2020) in Lebanon.
- November 2020: Winning team from Lebanon will travel to Morocco to participate in the Regional YEC organized by INJAZ Al-Arab.
- Work closely with an experienced mentor on turning your abstract idea into a successful reality. Each team will be assigned a mentor available to meet with you 2 hours per week throughout the full cycle.
- Compete during the annual INJAZ Lebanon Young Entrepreneurs Competition (YEC) over the Best Company Award.
- Represent Lebanon at the INJAZ Al-Arab’s regional Young Entrepreneurs Competition and compete against teams from 13 Arab countries.
- Applicants must be current university students aged between 18 and 25 years old.
- Applications should be submitted by team with a minimum of 2 members.
- Teams can have a business idea or not. Both are welcomed.
- Applicants should be able to commit to the program's workshops and sessions.
Reach us on 01-493 740 or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brainstorm a problem or a challenge and find a corresponding idea/solution to resolve it.
Introduce company structure, departments, communication channels and identity. Finalize and decide on the product/service idea to pursue.
Assign team members to key roles and outline their job descriptions in the company. Shortlist the company name. Finalize Financial Planning and Sales Pitch.
Develop and design the company's chosen product/service. Develop, revise and finalize the company's marketing strategy.
Monitor, evaluate and plan ongoing production, marketing and sales of product/service. Assess and evaluate the company's performance. Critically reflect on, discuss and evaluate the INJAZ Company Program and the start-up process. Prepare for the INJAZ Young Entrepreneurs Competition!
The INJAZ student Company Program broadened my knowledge of the business world. It made me acknowledge and experiment the difficulties faced by starting a business. The beauty behind this program is the complete faith and trust being put into the youth to be able to create, innovate and make it completely on their own.
- Reeda Fneich, INJAZ Lebanon Student
Creating a company is an extremely challenging thing. Believing in your idea is key to facing the obstacles and challenges in your journey.
- Chaza Ayoub, INJAZ Lebanon Student
The Company Program's journey enriched our knowledge and skills, it organized our ideas in a systematic way enabling us to distinguish between the high level view we had (as engineers) and the details encountered throughout the entrepreneur's life. Moreover, the Company Program enabled us to know the logistical steps that we should follow, it also introduced us to the company structure and the corresponding tasks/responsibilities distribution.
- Haytham Dbouk, INJAZ Lebanon Student
As a leader of a team of students, I felt that we needed a transitional phase to transform our project from an idea that we have been talking about for while into a more structured business proposal that investors would take seriously. The INJAZ Company Program was not only a capacity-building program for the non-business oriented members of our team, but also an immersive experience, for all of us, in the startup life. […] I would definitely recommend Injaz Company Program for young entrepreneurs.
- Hussein Sleiman, INJAZ Lebanon Student