The need for Agrifoodtech and Cleantech is more crucial than ever before and cannot be overstated. The growing population, climate change, scarce resources, wars, and natural disasters pose significant challenges to sustainable food production and a healthy environment. Innovative solutions in these sectors are vital to promoting a sustainable green future while ensuring food security for the global population.
If you are a clever tech team of two or more and have a business idea in the fields of cleantech or agrifoodtech, then IdeaLab is your go-to program! IdeaLab is a pre-accelerator entrepreneurship program to help turn your ideas or prototypes in these fields into viable businesses.
The program runs in repetitive cycles of two months throughout the year, allowing 10 selected startups each time to learn how to identify their problem, validate their solution in the market, and create a strong team that has the capacity to take on the challenge and scale their startup with seed-funding support of up to $1,500! So let's roll up our sleeves and get to work - if you’ve got what it takes, then APPLY NOW!APPLY NOW
IdeaLab program is run in the North area by INJAZ Lebanon, in partnership with Berytech and co-funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands under the ACT Smart Innovation Hub, a comprehensive initiative launched by Berytech to enable the Lebanese entrepreneurial ecosystem and stimulate innovation and startup creation in the agriculture, food, and clean technology sectors.
Apply by filling out the form at the end of this page.
Shortlisting & Pitching
A total of 20 startups will be shortlisted and will be pitching their ideas in person to a judging panel.
A total of 10 startups will be selected following the pitching phase to start the program and get access to business training, coaching, and seed funding of up to $1,500
WHAT IS CLEANTECH & AGRIFOODTECH?
Cleantech, short for clean technology, encompasses a variety of products, services, and processes that aim to reduce or optimize the use of natural resources and mitigate the adverse impact of technology on the environment and ecosystems. CleanTech ideas include: Renewable Energy, Water & Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Transportation Systems, Clean Air, Environmental control, and others.
As for AgriFoodTech, short for Agriculture & Food technology, it comprises technological advancements and capabilities that revolutionize the way food and agricultural products are produced, harvested, packaged, transported, stored, processed, and sold. Examples of AgriFoodTech ideas include, but are not limited to, Smart Farming, Biotechnology, Vertical Farming, Hydroponics, Robotics & Automation, Innovative Food, Farm Robotics & Mechanization, and others!
WHO & WHEN
- Innovating in sectors aligned with the program scope (agrifoodtech or cleantech)
- Having at least two co-founders aged 18+.
- Having at least one Lebanese co-founder and at least one co-founder residing full-time in Lebanon.
- Have to be established or residing in the North of Lebanon
- Having a multidisciplinary and complementary team
- Committed to building their startup.
- Willing to commit to a 2-month IdeaLab
- Early-stage startup - Have already started working on their idea and have developed/developing a prototype.
IdeaLab is run through different cycles throughout the year with new participants in each.
These dates include the applications and selection process phase and the 2-month training phase for the 10 selected final teams.
- Cycle 1: April 2023 to July 2023
- Cycle 2: September 2023 to December 2023
- Cycle 3: April 2024 to July 2024
- Cycle 4: November 2024 to February 2025
- Cycle 5: July 2025 to October 2025
Timeline for cycle 1:
- Applications Deadline: May 20, 2023.
- Pitch Interview to select the 20 startups: End of May 2023.
- Onboarding & start of the program: June 2023.
- Program Activities & sessions delivery (in-person workshops, one-on-one clinic, etc.): June to July 2023.
- Demo day: End of July 2023.