GIL - GENERATION OF INNOVATION LEADERS
The Generation of Innovation Leaders (GIL – جيل) is a program designed to address the high unemployment rates among youth all over Lebanon & their lack of access to the knowledge economy.
GIL innovation labs are created in partnership with local stakeholders and operate nationwide. The GIL labs serve as hubs for youth from different backgrounds to network with like-minded people and as co-working spaces where they are provided with trainings, workshops and events to develop their entrepreneurial and digital skills. GIL is powered by UNICEF Lebanon and funded thanks to the Kingdom of Netherlands and the German government through the KFW Development Bank.
INJAZ Lebanon is delivering the GIL Entrepreneurship track in the Bekaa and North of Lebanon.REGISTER NOW
|Powered by:||Funded by:|
GIL IN NUMBERS - 2019
Total Youths: 1248
Female: 57%, Male: 43%
- Areas: North Lebanon + Bekaa
- Youths incubated: 287
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Duration: 4 weeks
- Acquire skills in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Develop project ideas as solutions to problems around you.
- Practice pitching and public presentation.
- Learn marketing and communications skills.
- Obtain an opportunity to participate in several local, regional and international competitions.
Business Plan Development
Duration: 2 weeks
- Get trained on business planning & development.
- Expand your network of coaches and specialists who will provide you with technical support.
- Develop your business plan and financial forecasts.
Incubation & Mentorship
Duration: 8 to 12 weeks
- The most viable project ideas will be selected to advance to the incubation phase.
- Benefit from weekly sessions of coaching and mentorship support.
- Receive a possible seed funding to start your project.
Veloroute... How Ahmad and Barak plan to open up a new era of freedom of movement for youth across LebanonFeb 3, 2020
For some people, cycling can just be an entertaining game for kids or a fun activity for adults, but for me, it's simply my whole life, my freedom" said Ahmad Derbes, 29 years old from Tripoli. Just like all the kids, Ahmad got introduced to the bicyLearn more
Solar Heating System with soda cans? Watch the #GIL story of Badr and EhabMay 15, 2019
Meet Badr and Ehab, two young and ambitious youths living in Bekaa and who participated in the #GIL programme.Learn more
Ali Kanjo, from Computer Science to AgricultureMay 14, 2019
"I never thought I'd have my own business. I always thought that a business owner must have lots of money, and many employees working for him." That was what Ali Kanjo believed in before he joined The Generation of Innovation Leaders.Learn more
The Girl with a Golden FootDec 12, 2018
At age 10, Nathalie picked the right sport that was her passion – football. She was in love with the beautiful game and began to play at a very youthful age. As she grew up, the number of people who criticized her grew as well. It was challenging forLearn more