May the best company win!
With a total of eleven student companies formed by 70 participating students, aged 16 to 24 years, it will be difficult to tell which of them will have the best idea, and win the “Best Company” award at the Young Entrepreneurs Competition!
With a total of eleven student companies formed by 70 participating students, aged 16 to 24 years, it will be difficult to tell which of them will have the best idea, and win the “Best Company” award at the Young Entrepreneurs Competition scheduled to take place in September 2017 at the American University of Beirut (AUB).
Seven teams will be competing within the school track supported by our program partners Fattal Holding, Demirdjian Global and Kurban Group, and four other teams will be competing within the university track supported by The Abdallah Lahoud Foundation.
Competition will be exciting for all participating teams who are currently running their businesses. Projects ideas include mobile applications for social and health services, adaptable school furniture, a retirement club for the elderly, books and board games about Lebanese tourism and villages as well as products to relieve muscle knots in specific areas of the body, to protect solar heating systems and a company that digitizes old films and pictures.
Participating schools are Al Ahlia Private School, Balamand Private School, Dbayeh Public High School, Maroun Abboud Public School, Rene Mouawad Public School, St Joseph Private School, and Tripoli Public High School for Girls.
Participating universities are the American University of Beirut, the Lebanese American University (LAU) and the Lebanese University, Faculty of Fine Arts.
We would like to take this opportunity to send a special and heartfelt thanks to our volunteers who have been mentoring the teams and guiding them throughout the program:
- Carine Bou Doumit, Business Development Manager at Upscale
- Elias Labaky, Chief Operating Officer at Band Industries
- Fadi Naffah, Fund Programme Manager at British Embassy
- Faisal Rajeh, Head of Equity and Sales at Optinum Invest
- Georgette Mouzawak, Co-Founder at Dragonfly
- Haya Mortada, Consultant at Beyond
- Ibrahim Srouji, Accountant at Hoops
- Inaam Rimeh, Customer Service at Ibdaa
- Judy Bou Hanna, Assistant Coordinator at Blanc De Chene
- Marc Haddad, Project Engineer at Intertech Group
- Mazen Halabi, Managing Partner at MAPIt
- Mona Sayah, Event Coordinator at Blanc De Chene
- Nadine Tawk, Business Development Manager as a freelancer
- Rami Agha Kassab, Civil Engineering Graduate from Beirut Arab University
- Rana Najjar, Marketing Manager at JK Advertising
- Ray Zakhia, Owner of Dar El Beik
- Rihab Al Samman, Loan Officer at Ibdaa
- Sharen Aoun, Journalism Graduate from the Lebanese American University
- Soaud Al Challah, Executive Director at Genius Map